5 Units (about 3,5 h per Unit) ONLINE
Costs: Women: if you are insured by the German Public Health Insurance this course will be financially covered for you.
Partner: 145,00 €
Kursleiter: Katrin Behrensshah
Birth Preparation Crash Course in ENGLISH
Being pregnant is a time of great expectation and change for couples, especially when it is their first child.
Giving birth can be anticipated joyfully or with anxieties and fears – in most cases a mixture of both. A new generation of fathers is growing. Most of them want to be much more involved in the pregnancy of their partners – right from the beginning compared to the generations before. They also want to support their partners during labour and take more time off from work (holiday/parental leave) so that they can spend quality time with their newborns and young families. Both parents desire to grow equally into their new parental roles.
This Birth-Preparation Crash Course is offered to facilitate an easy start to parenthood. It provides you with quality time as couples and your babies to be, to get attuned to one another and to help you feel ready and prepared for the journey ahead.
This course may also be attended by mothers who are accompanied with another close person (e.g. friend, mother etc.), who would like to support you during labour and be at your side in those first weeks after the baby is born. Rainbow families (same-sex couples) are also more than warmly welcome to attend!
In this course you will learn:
• How to enjoy pregnancy and become attuned to your child
• What you need to know about the physiological aspects of birthing
• How you can facilitate labour as a woman
• How you can support the mother-to-be
• What you need to know about breast-feeding – so that your baby will be fed with the best nature can offer – to ensure that breastfeeding commences smoothly
• How you can enjoy the post-natal time mindfully and relaxed
• Important aspects of handling and caring for your baby
• Massage,relaxation and breathing techniques